Bigg Boss is a popular television reality show which airs on Colors TV and other channels of the Viacom18 network. The franchise which owns the show is EndemolShine India. Bigg Boss started in the year 2006. It is an adaptation of the Bigg Brother show, which was created in the Netherlands. The show has completed 13 seasons so far and is set for the 14th season, which would start in September or October 2020. Currently, the show is hosted by Bollywood superstar Salman Khan who took over from Arshad Warsi in season 6 and had been hosting the show ever since.
Format of the show
13 participants comprising of both celebrities and common people need to survive in the house for a total of 100 days. Wildcard entries of guest participants in the middle of the show are also a regular feature of Bigg Boss. The house does not have a telephone, internet, and television, which means the participants are cut off from the outside world. The host of the show communicates with the participants and is the sole link between them and the outside world. The participants are grouped into teams and given many tasks to perform. Each week, multiple participants are selected by other inhabitants of the house for eviction from the show. An online poll is held in which the audience votes for saving the selected participants. The participant who gets the least number of votes is eliminated. In the final week, only 5 participants are left in the house, and the audience votes to select the winner. The winner of the show gets Rs 50 lakhs to Rs 1 crore prize money besides the fame.
Many celebrities have participated in Bigg Boss, such as Urvashi Dholakia, Gauhar Khan, Juhi Parmar, Sunny Leone, Amit Sadh, Nora Fatehi, and many others. They have become even more famous after grabbing eyeballs through Bigg Boss.
The participants in Bigg Boss 13 were all celebrities. But common people are likely to be eligible to participate in Bigg Boss 14. In order to apply for Bigg Boss 14, one must fulfill the following eligibility requirements.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India and must be residing in the country.
- The applicant must be aged 18 years or above.
The following documents are required to apply for Bigg Boss Season 14.
- PAN Card
- Driving license
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID card
- Birth certificate
- Ration card
- School leaving certificate
- Telephone or mobile bill
How to apply
Online registration is the only method to apply for Bigg Boss 14. The following steps need to be performed to register online for Bigg Boss 14.
- Go to the website www.voot.com. The Voot app can also be downloaded.
- Read the instructions and fill the registration form correctly. Various details need to be entered in the form.
- After filling the form, you need to upload your audition video. In the audition video, you need to introduce yourself and talk about your personality, experience, lifestyle, your purpose in participating in Bigg Boss, how are you going to entertain the audience and what makes you suitable to participate in the show. The duration of the video should not be more than 3 minutes. The size of the video file should not be more than 50 MB.
- Submit the form after uploading your video. It is necessary to check all terms and conditions before submitting the form.
Selected candidates will be called to appear in an audition. The final selection for Bigg Boss 14 would be based on your performance in the audition. Bigg Boss charges no registration or any other kind of fee.